Earth Day was this past Friday.
Yes, really. Just a few days ago.
Did you already forget?
See, that’s the thing with celebrating Earth Day… We can actually do even more good just celebrating Earth every day.
If you have been hanging out with me this month, you know that April has been all about Spring, growth and renewal. My guest posters and I have talked about spring cleaning our morning routines, our lives, upcycling to turn trash into treasure, and Earth Day (to name a few).
My friend Angela (from www.keepingitwellwithang.com) and I are expanding the focus of our Facebook Group Wellness For All (check it out here and join us!!!) to introduce others to wellness as “the new norm.” So often in our society, wellness is only thought of being weightloss, but it encompasses so much more. Wellness can be physical, spiritual, emotional, mental, environmental…you see where this is going???
Wellness is all inclusive.
Angela and I are working to normalize a very abnormal understanding of what wellness actually is and how it can be achieved in your life. We want to help those who are interested to find The New Norm for themselves and reclaim time, energy and joy.
Time? Energy? Joy?
People have been inspired.
I have been inspired.
This is what I have been striving for since I began this blog business a few months ago.
So, what am I going to do with that inspiration?
I’m going to make a difference this week.
It’s all about baby steps! Every day this week, I’m going to do something beneficial for Earth and/or for my fellow man. It doesn’t have to be huge to matter!
Need some ideas?
- Pick up that trash in the parking lot at work and put it in a garbage can (or recycle bin).
- Pay for the coffee or meal of the person behind you in the drive thru.
- Hold the door for someone, smile and greet them.
- Walk more and drive less.
- Be kind to people and animals.
- Put down your phone and have a real conversation.
- Recycle all that wasted paper in the office (Thank you, Nonna!)
- Encourage someone to chase their dream.
- Go an entire day without saying anything negative (that’s a tough one!!!).
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room.
- Plant a tree…or a garden.
- Help those less fortunate in any way you can whether it be time, talent or treasure.
- Compliment your significant other.
- Meditate and be mindful of the energy you bring into a space.
- Reach out to your parents or grandparents.
- Share your coupons with someone who is trying to save money.
- Be a friend.
- Spend time outdoors communing with nature.
- Be fully present when you’re with your kids.
- Join an awesome Facebook Group that supports Wellness For All by clicking here.
- Go kayaking and get a different perspective. The world just doesn’t look the same from the water as it does from the land.
Wellness can become a habit.
Even my sister (Hey Nonna!) was inspired to do something different in honor of Earth Day (and the things I talked about in this post). So, let’s work together and all continue to do something different.
Welcome to my Time Energy Joy Challenge!
Each day this week, I challenge you to join me in doing something different. Step outside of your comfort zone and really take a hard look at things you can improve right in your home or even your hometown. It doesn’t matter how big or small your action is. Hell, you don’t even have to tell anyone you’re doing it, if you’d rather keep it to yourself.
What will you get out of this Challenge?
You get to experience growth. You start to rebuild the depleted stores of time, energy and joy in your life. That’s pretty huge, right???
Let’s make a difference this week by actually making a difference!
I’d love to hear any ideas you have!
Join me and let’s add to our personal wellness along with the wellness of those around us!