Disclaimer: This is one of those times where I may benefit from an affiliate link — at no additional charge to you — should you also decide to participate. I only endorse those items that I use regularly and of which I am a big fan.
You hear it all the time these days…
There’s an app for that!
It was becoming almost as annoying to me as the whole “Can you hear me now?” thing, but I’ve been trying to keep an open mind. Especially now that I see that some of my business ideas could really benefit from a mobile app for convenience of information and purchasing…but that’s an entirely different post for another time!
I’m starting to believe there really is an app for just about anything you want and/or need!
Doubt me? Go in your app store and search for any number of random topics. You can find a free app for pretty much anything you can imagine…seriously.
Hopefully, you didn’t find anything too traumatizing out there. Then again, you’re the one who came up with the topics to search!!! 🙂
Along with my acceptance that “there’s an app for that,” I have learned that those very apps can benefit us in so many ways. Once I figured out how to get money back on products I’m already purchasing, I was seriously invested in learning more about the apps that are out there.
Today, I’m going to tell you about my most recent favorites that actually save time, money and sanity!
Do I have your attention?
Yes, I actually save/make money with some apps and even save time and my sanity with a few others.
Check out my top 5 favorite apps that are on my Android device right now…
- Ibotta. Oh how I love the Ibotta app since I happened upon it while reading another blog much like mine! It’s a rebate app that pays you back for select purchases after you “unlock” the rebate by answering a survey question, watching a short commercial, or even checking out a recipe using that particular grocery item. Very small amounts of time are required to get actual money back!!! I have over $120 worth of rebates available to cash out whenever I am ready — from my first month. You just need a PayPal account (they’re free!) or cash your rebates in for a gift card. Minimum to cash out? $20. If you sign up for Ibotta through my link (free free free!), you’ll get $10 in addition to the first rebate you verify. Don’t you want to make $10 just for saving money? And, these rebates are in addition to any coupons or store discounts!!! Serious money saving!!! Groceries, toiletries, alcoholic beverages, restaurants and bars… Want to sign up??? Click here!!!
- Ebates. Ebates and I started off slow, but things have kind of picked up as I’ve figured out how to work the app. It’s another rebate app (free!), and it actually pays you back a determined percentage of your online purchase. I even got rebates on Groupons and Amazon purchases!!! How sweet is that??? If you’re already buying something online, you may as well make a little extra money. Here again, you can earn an additional $10 just for signing up through my link. My Ebates income is creeping up there also, and I have only been using it to buy things I was going to buy online anyways! One day they offered a special where I got 15% back!!! That was pretty awesome! The best part is that I have barely begun to scratch the money-saving surface with Ebates. Want to sign up for Ebates??? Click here.
- Wal-Mart Savings Catcher. I was seriously skeptical about this one. They advertise through commercials on TV, so I naturally expected there to be a catch. So far, there isn’t. You buy stuff at Wal-Mart, you scan the QR code from the receipt into your app, and they let you know if they’re refunding you any money. Super simple! The app checks all other advertised prices and gives you the difference if you paid more at Wal-Mart. Seriously. That’s it.
- QuickMemo+. This app hasn’t necessarily saved me any money outright, but it does save me time and sanity (which is better than money sometimes). It’s just a list-making app for your mobile device, but this one has lots of fun options for us list nerds. For example? Check boxes! I love a list with check boxes! And I can either email or beam this list over to my hubby’s device since he also has QuickMemo+ (freebie!). It’s the best! If you’ve ever forgotten the paper list at home, this is way better than trying to remember everything you wrote. With the way we have become so attached to our phones, you won’t be as likely to leave this “list” laying around. Also, you can save lists to your main screen so they’re there to remind you of the things you need to check off before the day is done. I love reminders as much as I love lists!!!
- Hormone Horoscope. I wasn’t sure what to expect with this app when I was first introduced to it. However, since it was recommended to me during one of my more influential hormonal times (not my words…check the app), I just went for it. You simply enter info about your cycle, and it sends you a notification every day to check your daily Hormone Horoscope. It’s crazy how accurate this thing is!!! We’re all riding that hormonal rollercoaster each and every day, and this even offers helpful hints to deal with the physical and mental accompaniments of the hormone fluctuation. The best part? You get the option to send the day’s hormone horoscope to your partner via text!!! LOL! Better yet, just have them install the app on their phone with your info, and they’ll have a little more knowledge about what you’re dealing with on a daily basis. If you get it, let me know what you think! I really enjoy my daily notification, and the info has been spot on!
So, there you have it! 5 excellent apps that are saving me money, time and sanity on a daily basis…and sometimes saving the sanity of my loved ones in the process. That’s total wellness in my book!
So, what do smart phone apps have to do with our well-being?
Think about it. With as dependent as we have become on our handheld devices, it was only a matter of time before we found a way to accomplish almost every daily task right from our phone. I bet there are even people out there who can do work from their phones! I am not one of them, and I am totally cool with that!
What will you do with that money, time and sanity you’re saving?
Share it with those who mean the most to you…and put your phone down when you do it!
While initially I felt that the phone has become an interference in human communication, it has helped streamline my daily activities.
If I could get it to clean house for me, I’d be set!
Is there an app for that???
Subscribe here to receive the [mostly] weekly newsletters from Starrhealthyself!