Hey y’all! I’m Starr, and I’m an engineer/designer/writer/mom in the great state of South Carolina! I decided to start this blog in January 2016 as a way to share my ideas and talk about the things I love. I am so excited you are taking the time to read a little about me, and I’d love to hear a little about you also!
Fun facts about me:
- I’m an idea girl! I carry around a notebook at all times to jot down any ideas that pop into my head. That notebook has everything from kayaking accessory designs to potential business plans, and it is highly likely that you’ll eventually get to see a majority of those ideas on this very site!
- My work history is quite varied. I have BS degrees in Mathematics, Medical Technology, and Mechanical Engineering. I’ve worked in all of those industries in one form or another, but engineering is my true love.
- I know what is important now more than ever. I’ve learned about acceptance and self-care and how being the best me I can be is the greatest gift I can give my daughters.
- I love to support small businesses and up-and-coming artists and authors. There are so many great people that I want to introduce to the world, and I will be doing that here. Exciting and beautiful creations are coming your way!!!
- I want to learn EVERYTHING! Okay, maybe not everything, but the list of new things I want to try and/or accomplish isn’t getting any shorter!
- My family is awesome. My friends are awesome. I’m crazy blessed!
healthyself = healthy + self = heal + thyself
Stay engaged. Have hope.
Love to all.