We’re getting a little personal here today!
Have you ever glanced in someone’s medicine cabinet when you’re using the facilities at their house?
We’re all a little
nosy curious sometimes, so I totally don’t blame you!
To be fair, I’m giving you the chance to take a peek at what I’m hiding in my medicine cabinet today.
If you could only pick 5 items from your medicine cabinet, list the 5 that you just can’t live without…
Based on those 5 items, I can probably guess how old you are…haha! Not really, but I have accepted that my daily 5 at 41 is way different than my daily 5 at 21.
Don’t believe me?
Check ’em out!
The photo below is taken from my actual medicine cabinet.
I know you’re wondering what magical properties these 5 items possess for them to qualify as my Daily Top 5, so I’ll be more than happy to share with you.
- Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel. Awesome toner. Beautiful rose scent. Doesn’t burn and does its job after I wash my face at night and after my shower in the morning. I picked this up at Garner’s Natural Life in Columbia, SC, on Earth Day, and I’m soooooooo happy with it! Garner’s has a great selection, knowledgeable employees, and I will definitely shop there again! Check out their Facebook page here.
- Andalou naturals Fruit Stem Cell Science Ultra Sheer Daily Defense Facial Lotion with SPF 18 – Age Defying. I love this stuff. It is the first moisturizer I’ve used in ages that doesn’t burn, doesn’t require “getting used to,” and doesn’t make my face feel icky. It is light, goes on smoothly, and smells like a fresh cut orange. I may as well put this on a regular order from Lula Well because I am committed!!! I’m actually planning on loading up on their sunblock for my family for summer as well (but that’s a review for another time). As I mentioned, I got mine from the online store Lula Well and am thrilled with the service. You really can’t beat getting such a quality skincare product delivered to your door! Check out all of the natural goodness that my friend Angela carries over at Lula Well (www.lulawell.com)!
- Figs & Rouge Multi-Tasking Hand Cream in Mocha Orange. This stuff is amazing! I’m not usually a fan of hand cream because it is always so heavy and greasy, but this stuff is super light, non-greasy and makes my hands feel soft for a long time. The yummy mocha orange scent is just icing on the cake. I actually received this as a free gift for purchasing a Figs & Rouge product from an Ipsy sample that I fell in love with. But, seriously, a full-sized freebie that turns out to be amazing??? Yes, please! See #4 below for the site where you, too, can get your own Multi-Tasking Hand Cream.
- Figs & Rouge Hydra-Activ Cream, 3-in-1 Hero Hydration. I received a sample of this stuff in a past Ipsy Glam Bag. I loved it immediately! Not only does this particular one smell like beautifully fragrant flowers (specifically, it reminds me of honeysuckle and gardenia…swoon!), but it provides some serious night-time moisturizing. I guess the rest of the Ipsters loved their samples just as much because it was on backorder almost immediately. Fortunately, it didn’t take them long to restock and ship me my full-sized tin. I even like the packaging. Figs & Rouge is pretty awesome, and I’d love to try more of their products. Check them out online here!
- Crystal Body Deodorant Stick. I had heard of this stuff for years but was too skeptical to try it because I sweat. No ladylike “glistening” or “perspiring” for me! Just sweat. Hubby had to finally give it a shot because the chemicals in the regular stuff were irritating him, and he actually liked the stick stuff! If he could be happy with a deodorant like that, then I had to give it a go. I loved it right away and have been using it for quite some time (enough to make it through 4 sweaty seasons in SC successfully). My armpit skin has never been in such great condition, and it makes it super easy to shave. There’s no nasty deodorant buildup, and nothing stains my clothes. They claim it lasts a year, but they were totally wrong in my case! It lasted over a year and a half!!! Seriously. We bought it for about $5 at Walgreen’s or CVS, and it lasted me over a year and a half!!! I’ve started on my second one finally. With previous deodorants, I spent $5-7 per month or so. Craziness! It is available in most stores, or you can check it out online at www.thecrystal.com.
So, that’s my medicine cabinet daily 5!
So you know, that last bottle on the right in the medicine cabinet pic is not a daily product, but it is going camping with me later this month. It’s an awesome dry shampoo that I got as a sample in my Ipsy Glam Bag. Yeah, I’m a fan of Ipsy, if you couldn’t tell. They introduce me to so many products that I wouldn’t normally try, and the bags are super cute each month!
I do feel I need to throw in a toothcare disclaimer since we’re talking medicine cabinet dailies. My toothpaste, brush and floss are very functional and accomplish exactly what they set out to do on a daily (or more often) basis. 🙂
Well, now that we’ve taken a glance in my medicine cabinet, tell me what you have in yours!
What are your most favorite products and where did you get them???
While I’ve got your attention, let’s continue with the gratitude journal for May. Read that post here if you aren’t familiar with my gratitude journal.
Monday, May 2
- I can go to bed early tonight. Yawn!
- My 3 year old wanted to change shirts.
- I have fresh pineapple for lunch tomorrow.
- My oldest and I are getting to the end of the mystery we’re reading…finally!
- Bedtime went smoothly for all.
Tuesday, May 3
- Traffic wasn’t totally insane on the way to school this morning.
- Ibotta rocks. Yes, I’ll take rebates for things I’d buy anyways!
- I found a really cute journal on sale today.
- My 9 year old is learning about wellness in its many forms in PEHP (physical education and health promotion).
- I brushed more than half of my 3 year old’s hair.
Wednesday, May 4
- We have had an increase in interest in the house we’re selling.
- Things don’t stress me like they used to.
- Got my books from Amazon. Yay!
- My 3 year old bathed without an argument.
- Got the oldest to school on time.
Keeping a gratitude journal really does help me to see more of the good stuff in the every day mundane. I could list much more than 5 things I’m grateful for on a daily basis, but 5 is good for now.
Especially, a daily 5…
Stay engaged. Have hope.