Could you use a fresh start today?
Spring is in full swing, and that means we’re entering the season that is all about growth and renewal. What better time to make a fresh start…whether it is a baby step or a big step!
What’s gonna be my fresh start this month?
I’m taking baby steps to improve my physical health by participating in a 30 day challenge to move more. Just 30 minutes each day for 30 days. I can totally do that! And, I have a great support system to help me enjoy the journey and appreciate my body for the ways it can move. I have lots of fun options to incorporate those 30 minutes of movement into my daily life, and I’m excited to find the ones that really make me happy.
What is your fresh start?
If you don’t yet have one, there are some great ideas in today’s post!!!
I have a treat for all of us!
Today, I present you with a post by my very first guest on Starrhealthyself.com, P from Finding Pure Happiness!
My Morning Routine for a Fresh Start!
After struggling with infertility due to a toxic relationship with diet & exercise, I needed to find ways to incorporate healthy living in a way that wasn’t all or nothing and that included mostly natural ways to live and eat. I’ve been on a mission over the last few years to truly feel healthy and happy in my body and mind.
One way I incorporate healthy living is to have a morning routine. Especially now as a momma to two, my morning routine is sacred! For me, true health comes from what we eat, how we exercise and how we take care of our mind. These are the things I kept in mind when creating my morning routine. Below is the schedule I follow every morning to insure I have a fresh start!
- Set my alarm for 5am: I know this is SUPER early for some. Trust me, it is for me too, but I find that allowing myself to wake up gradually is key to starting my day off right!
- Splash cool water on my face & dab on a few drops of my “grounding blend” essential oils: Splashing cool water will instantly wake you up and make you feel refreshed! I also like to dab on my EO and breathe it in to wake up my senses and make me feel grounded. Most companies will have a blend that you can purchase or you can create your own. I would look for subtle light scents that make you feel calm. My particular blend has: Spruce needle/leaf, Ho wood, Frankincense, Blue Tansy Flower and Blue Chamomile Flower.
- Do some stretches: I have a few stretches that I do every morning to get my muscles moving and my spine realigned. I’ve found that my neck and shoulders tend to be sore when I first wake, so this is a great way to get things loosened up!
- Drink warm lemon water: I like to warm up a glass of water and add some lemon juice and a drop of lemon EO to help wake up my digestive system and flush out any toxins from the day before.
- Get my diffuser going and breathe: Depending on the time of year, I usually like to run either citrus or cinnamon scented oils through my diffuser to get my whole house smelling good and ready for the day. I also like to sit Indian style with my eyes closed and take 3-5 deep breaths. I find this relaxes my mind and lets all the thoughts of what I need to accomplish for the day come to the surface.
- Make my to-do list: Now that I’ve let my mind relax, I’ll write down all the thoughts that went through my mind and prioritize them by importance. This sets up my day with the top things I need to get done so that I don’t feel frazzled and like I have a million things on my plate!
And there you have it! These are the things I do every morning to ensure I have a fresh start to each day. If you haven’t set up a morning routine for yourself, I’d highly recommend it!!
About the author:
My name is “P” and after struggling with infertility for 7 years, I was finally blessed with my two little ones. It was after my struggle that I learned what it truly means to live a healthy, happy life. I’m all about sharing life, mommyhood, healthy living and everything in between!!
P’s blog, Finding Pure Happiness, can be found via the following links:
Many thanks to P for sharing her morning routine!!!
I will definitely be picking up a few of those tips to add to my morning routine. A fresh start can really improve your entire day, and we could all use a good stretch bright and early!
Jump on over to P’s blog and social media accounts to show her some love and thanks for the awesome fresh start morning routine!
Note: Do not ingest essential oils without first consulting your physician or a professional aromatherapist.